Topic : Normal Distribution, Poisson Distribution and Bionomial Distributions
Customer Status: Returning
Urgency: 10 Days
Writer ID. 200143
Instructions: 1. The total time an ambulance takes to reach its destination in emergency calls is a normal variable with mean 8.9 minutes and a standard deviation 1.8 minutes. What is the probability that for any call it will take:
- less than 7 minutes
- more than 7 minutes
- more than 8 minutes
- less than 6 minutes but more than 4 minutes to reach its destination
- 2. It is known that 30% of new employees in a certain company leave their new jobs after one year of employment. The company has 10 new employees.
- What is the probability that after one year:
- two of the new employees will leave the company
- atleast three new employees will leave the company
- Non of the 10 employees will leave the company
- all the new employees will leave the company.
The density is f(x)=
for k = 0, 1, 2, ..., n, where
This would be applied in Question two whereby the events are dichotomous.
- The normal distribution is a probability distribution which is used to determine probabilities of continuous variables
Examples of continuous variables are
- oCapacity e.t.c
where parameter μ is the mean (location of the peak) and σ 2 is the variance (the measure of the width of the distribution). The distribution with μ = 0 and σ 2 = 1 is called the standard normal. This will be applied in question 1.