Cost Accounting Questions
XYZ Company manufactures a product called “PERMA”. Pertinent cost and revenue data relating to the manufacture of this product is given below:
Shs Selling price per unit 66 Variable production cost per unit 44 Variable selling cost per unit 4 Fixed production cost (total) Shs.200,000 Fixed selling and administrative cost (total) Shs.99,000
- Calculate the break-even sales level in shillings;
- Suppose the company desires to make a profit of shs.195,000, what should be the output in units?
- A new machine, which is more efficient, is installed. This machine increases the fixed production cost by 20% but reduces the variable production cost per unit by 30%. What is the new break-even point in sales revenue?
- State five limitations of break-even analysis. (Total: 20 marks)
Explain 10 limitations of Break-even analysis. (Total: 20 marks)
- Explain the following terms as used in CVP analysis.
- Variable cost ratio
- Contribution margin ratio
- Margin of safety
- Profit volume ratio
- Marginal Income Ratio (12 marks)
- A company has the following costs;
Shs Employee’s salaries 17,000 Rent insurance 11,000 Depreciation on equipment 2,000 Variable costs 6,.000 24,000
All other costs except those indicated as variable are fixed. The selling price per unit of output is Shs.10. The above variable costs relates to 6,000 units output.
- Calculate the Break-even point (4 marks)
- Calculate the cash flow break-even point (4 marks) (Total: 20 marks)
- Explain the term depreciation tax shield and its important in break-even analysis. (5 marks)
- Repeat Question 4 b(ii) above, but assume that tax rate is 48%. (10 marks)
- From your results, what do you observe? (5 marks) (Total: 20 marks)
Other Custom Business Writing services
Businesswritingservices.org offers other custom business writing services such as Management writing services: Management essays, Management Dissertations, Management company analysis, Management Research papers and term papers: Finance writing services: Finance essays, Finance Dissertations, Finance case study analysis, Finance Research papers and term papers: Economics Writing Services: Economics essays, Economics Dissertations, Economics thesis, Economics Research papers and Economics term papers: Marketing Writing Services: Marketing essays, Marketing Dissertations, Marketing company analysis, Marketing Research papers and term papers:Business Writing Services: Business Essay, Business Research paper, Business term paper, Business Dissertation, Business Thesis, Business Case study: Auditing Writing Services: Auditing essays, Auditing research papers, Auditing dissertations, Auditing thesis, Auditing Term papers, Auditing Case study: Business information systems: Business information systems thesis, Business information systems dissertation, Business information systems Research papers, Business information systems term papers: Taxation writing services: Taxation thesis, Taxation dissertation, Taxation research papers, Taxation essays, Taxation term papers,Taxation company analysis:Human resources writing services: Human recourses thesis,Human resources essays, Human resources case study, Human resources term papers, Human resources case study Business law writing services:Business law writing services thesis, Business law writing services dissertation, Business law writing services case study and many more. Join the rest of our Accounting Essays client network and enjoy our Accounting Essays Writing services at Business Writing Services.org.